Are you looking for a delicious and easy-to-make chicken pasta recipe that will impress your family and friends? Look no further than this Creamy Crockpot Chicken Pasta Recipe. With just a few simple ingredients and minimal prep time, you can have a hearty and satisfying meal that everyone will love.
Creamy Crockpot Chicken Pasta is a delicious and easy recipe that can be made in a slow cooker. The recipe calls for chicken breasts, cream of chicken soup, sour cream, milk, and your choice of pasta. The chicken and pasta are cooked together in a creamy sauce, making for a comforting and satisfying meal. It can be served with a salad or bread for a complete meal. It’s a great recipe for busy weeknight dinners or for a family gathering.
This creamy crockpot chicken pasta recipe is the perfect dish to make on a busy weeknight, or for a special occasion. The combination of tender chicken, creamy sauce, and hearty pasta will satisfy any craving. Plus, the crockpot does all the work for you, leaving you with more time to spend with your loved ones.
If you’re looking to add some extra flavor to this dish, try adding your favorite vegetables, such as mushrooms or bell peppers. You can also experiment with different types of pasta, such as fettuccine or penne.
This recipe is so easy to make and so delicious, it’s sure to be a hit with everyone at the dinner table. Try it out for yourself and see why it’s quickly becoming a favorite in households everywhere.
To start, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces of your favorite pasta (penne, fettuccine, or spaghetti work well)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Equipment needed to make the Creamy Crockpot Chicken Pasta recipe
- A crockpot or slow cooker
- A large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- A fork or tongs for shredding the chicken
- A spoon for stirring the ingredients
- Optional: a serving dish and utensils for serving.
Instructions for the Creamy Crockpot Chicken Pasta Recipe:
- Begin by placing the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot. Break the spaghetti in half and add it on top of the chicken.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, milk, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken and spaghetti, making sure that everything is evenly coated.
- Next, add salt and pepper to taste, and give everything a good stir. Cover the crockpot and cook on low heat for 1-2 hours, or on high heat for 45 min.
- Once the cooking time is up, take out the chicken and shred it with a fork. Return the shredded chicken to the crockpot and stir it into the pasta. This will ensure that the chicken is evenly distributed throughout the dish.
- Also, you can add more cheese to the pasta to make it more cheezy.
- Serve the creamy crockpot chicken pasta recipe immediately and enjoy! Garnish with fresh parsley or basil, if desired.
Video for Creamy Crockpot Chicken Pasta Recipe:
Key Points for Creamy Crockpot Chicken Pasta Recipe:
- To ensure food safety, it’s important to start with properly thawed chicken. If frozen, defrost the chicken in the refrigerator before adding it to the crockpot.
- Always wash your hands, utensils, and cutting board before and after handling raw chicken to prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Keep the crockpot on low heat to prevent the food from sitting at an unsafe temperature for too long.
- Use a meat thermometer to ensure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F before serving.
- Do not leave the crockpot unattended for an extended period of time.
- When adding pasta, make sure it is fully submerged in the liquid to prevent it from sticking together or not cooking evenly.
- If you are not planning to serve the pasta immediately, turn off the crockpot and let it cool for a bit before storing it in the refrigerator.
- When reheating, bring it to a temperature of at least 165°F to ensure food safety.
- Avoid using metal utensils while serving them to prevent scratching the inner surface of the crockpot.
- Enjoy your delicious and safe creamy crockpot chicken pasta!
The nutrition information for a creamy crockpot chicken pasta recipe can vary depending on the specific ingredients and serving size used. However, some common nutritional information for this type of dish may include:
Calories: Approximately 600-800 calories per serving.
Protein: Around 30-40 grams per serving.
Fat: Approximately 20-30 grams per serving.
Carbohydrates: Around 60-80 grams per serving.
Fiber: Around 2-4 grams per serving.
Sodium: Approximately 600-1000 milligrams per serving.
It is important to note that the above nutritional information is an estimate based on common ingredients and serving sizes, and may vary depending on the specific recipe and ingredients used. If you are watching your nutrition, you can adjust the amount of cream, cheese, and pasta to lower the calorie, fat, and sodium content.
Frequently Asked Questions for Creamy Crockpot Chicken Pasta Recipe:
Can I use frozen chicken for this recipe?
Yes, you can use frozen chicken for this recipe, but it is important to properly thaw the chicken in the refrigerator before adding it to the crockpot.
Can I use other types of pasta for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any type of pasta that you prefer, such as penne, fettuccine, or rotini.
Can I add vegetables to this recipe?
Yes, you can add vegetables of your choice such as mushrooms, bell peppers, broccoli, or spinach to this recipe.
How long should I cook the pasta in the crockpot?
The pasta should be added to the crockpot about 30 minutes before serving and cooked until it is al dente, which is typically around 10-15 minutes.
Can I use canned cream of chicken soup or should I make it from scratch?
You can use canned cream of chicken soup or make it from scratch, but it’s important to check the ingredient list and nutrition information of the canned soup.
Can I use a different type of cheese other than Parmesan?
Yes, you can use any type of cheese that you prefer, such as mozzarella, cheddar, or gouda.
Can I cook this recipe on high instead of low?
You can cook this recipe on high, but it is important to keep an eye on it and adjust the cooking time accordingly as it can cook faster on high.
How long should I cook the creamy crockpot chicken pasta for?
The chicken should be cooked for 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can make this recipe ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator or freezer. Just make sure to reheat it to a temperature of at least 165°F before serving.
Can I add cream or milk to make it creamier?
Yes, you can add cream or milk to make it creamier, but it will increase the calorie, fat, and sodium content.
[…] cups vegetable or chicken […]
The written ingredients/recipe and the video recipe don’t match. Confusing!!!