Cosori air fryers have been a popular kitchen appliance for many years, but recently there have been reports of hundreds of fires caused by these fryers. As a result, Cosori has announced a recall on cosori air fryer, and customers are urged to take action immediately. In this article, we will provide you with everything you need to know about the recall on Cosori Air Fryer and how to stay safe.
Over 2 million Cosori air fryers have been recalled after reports of the appliance catching fire and even causing property damage, according to an announcement from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
What are the Affected Products?
The recall affects specific models of Cosori air fryers that were manufactured between 2019 and 2023. The air fryers were sold between June 2018 and December 2022 at retailers across the country, including Best Buy, Target, and Home Depot. These models were sold in various colors and finishes, and customers are advised to check their model number and serial number to determine if their air fryer is affected.
Air Fryer Recall list 2023:
- Cosori Pro Air Fryer Oven Combo Max XL Large Cooker
What is the Reason for the Recall on Cosori Air Fryer?
The recall was announced after hundreds of fires were reported, caused by the air fryers overheating and posing a fire hazard. Cosori has stated that the recall is voluntary and is being carried out to ensure the safety of its customers.
What Should You Do if You Own an Affected Air Fryer?
If you own an affected air fryer, you should immediately stop using it and unplug it from the power source. You should then contact Cosori’s customer service to arrange for a replacement or refund. It is important to note that customers should not return the affected air fryers to the retailer where they were purchased.
Contact Cosori to receive their choice of a free replacement air fryer or another Cosori product by registering at recall.cosori.com.
When registering for a replacement, consumers are required to provide their contact details and submit photos of the recalled air fryer with its cord cut off. A purchase receipt is not necessary for the replacement process,” stated the agency.
The Cosori air fryers were available in different colors such as black, gray, white, blue, and red, and were priced between $70 and $130. The air fryers were also sold in Canada and Mexico, and the company has initiated recalls in those countries as well
Major steps to be taken if there is a fire
- Turn off the air fryer and unplug it immediately.
- Use a fire extinguisher to put out the fire, if you have one available.
- If the fire is small and manageable, you can try using baking soda or salt to smother the flames.
- Never use water to put out an electrical fire, as this can cause electrocution.
- If the fire spreads or you can’t put it out, evacuate the area and call the fire department immediately.
- Do not attempt to move the air fryer or any other burning appliances or objects.
- Once the fire is out and it’s safe to do so, inspect the air fryer for any damage before using it again.
- Consider getting a new air fryer if the old one is damaged beyond repair to avoid future fire incidents.
How Can You Stay Safe?
To ensure your safety, it is recommended that you follow these steps:
- Stop using the affected air fryers immediately.
- Contact Cosori’s customer service to arrange for a replacement or refund.
- Do not return the affected air fryers to the retailer where they were purchased.
- Follow any additional instructions provided by Cosori regarding the recall.
Moreover, the recall of Cosori air fryers is a serious matter, and customers are urged to take action immediately to ensure their safety. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can stay informed and take the necessary steps to protect yourself and your family. If you have any questions or concerns about the recall, contact Cosori’s customer service for assistance.