WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO BRINE CHICKEN BREASTS?
1. To make the brine, stir a quarter cup of salt into six cups of water. 2. Add your chicken and refrigerate for an hour or two. 3. Once the time is up, remove the chicken from the water, pat dry with paper towels, and pour out the water.
I bake these chicken breasts in the oven at 425 degrees for 24 to 28 minutes. Cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of your chicken.
INGREDIENTS: – 4 6 ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts , preferably organic – kosher salt, Diamond Crystal Kosher, if using Morton's or table salt use half – 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder – 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley – 1/2 teaspoon paprika – 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise – 1/3 cup seasoned Panko Breadcrumbs, OR gluten free pankp – 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese – 1 lemon, cut into wedges for serving
– Pound the thicker end of the chicken to make both sides leveled out so they cook evenly.
– Fill a large bowl with 6 cups of water and add 1/4 cup Diamond Crystal kosher salt, stir to dissolve. (if using table salt, or sea salt, or Mortons, use half)
– Add the chicken breasts to the water and let them sit, refrigerated at least 1 hour, or up to 2 to brine.
– Remove from water, pat dry with paper towels and discard the water. – Preheat oven 425F degrees. Spray a 9 x 12 baking dish with olive oil.
– In a small bowl combine 3/4 teaspoon salt, with the remaining spices. Rub the spice mix over the chicken and transfer to the baking dish.
– Spread the mayonnaise evenly over the top of each breast then sprinkle with panko and Parmesan. Spray the top with olive oil spray. – Bake until chicken reaches a minimum internal temperature of 165 degrees, 24-27 minutes.
– While the chicken bakes, slice lemon into wedges and serve with chicken & Enjoy!